MATRIciel – Place de l’Université 25 – BE-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve – Belgium – Company number (VAT): BE 876.052.926
MATRIciel attaches the utmost importance to the protection of your personal data. We collect and process your personal data in accordance with the applicable legal provisions on the matter.
This policy sets out the rules that we follow for the processing, use and storage of your personal data, as well as your rights in this respect.
It applies to
- all (commercial) relations by and between MATRIciel and its customers, prospects and commercial partners,
- the organization of seminars, visits and conferences by MATRIciel,
- the communication of information on our activities and
- our website https://www.matriciel.be (hereinafter referred to as the “website”).
2. Who processes your personal data?
3. What personal data are collected?
Personal data are kept only as long as strictly necessary to achieve the purposes pursued by MATRIciel.
- Identification details: Surname, first name
- Data relating to professional activity: company and position therein
- Location data: business address
- Contact details: e-mail address and telephone numbers (business landline and mobile phone)
4. How do we obtain such data?
These personal data are recorded:
- If you give us your business card;
- if you contact MATRIciel (using the contact form on the website or otherwise);
- if you ask MATRIciel for an offer of service;
- if you sign up for a seminar, training course or visit organized by MATRIciel;
- if you have applied for a position with MATRIciel;
- if you take part in a project in which MATRIciel has been entrusted with a task and exchanges between you and MATRIciel are necessary so that the company can carry out this task.
5. What are the purposes of the processing?
MATRIciel undertakes to process your personal data exclusively for the following purposes:
- commercial relations in project development or consultancy missions;
- information relating to our services;
- invitation to participate in seminars, visits and conferences by MATRIciel, if you have expressly consented;
- communication of information on our activities, newsletters, if you have expressly consented.
This use is based on one of the legal grounds provided for by law:
- The conclusion, negotiation and performance of a contract between us;
- The protection of our legitimate interests;
In addition, MATRIciel collects automatically anonymous information about how you use the website for statistical purposes. These data enable us to gain a better understanding of the needs and expectations of our customers.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
|Commercial and contractual relations in project development or consultancy assignments AND specific information about our services||invitations (seminars, visits and conferences), newsletters AND communication of information about our activities|
|· If you have given us your business card, asked for information or an offer, or registered for a seminar, training course or visit organized by MATRIciel||5 years||N/A|
|· If we have concluded a contract or are working together on a project||5 years after the latest date between
– the latest exchanges on the project
– provisional acceptance of the work
|· If you have given your consent||Until your request to withdraw it||Until your request to withdraw it|
|· If you have applied for a job in MATRIciel||5 years||N/A|
7. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Your personal data are intended to be used exclusively for internal purposes. They will consequently not be sold to third parties.
MATRIciel will communicate your personal data to third parties only when necessary for the provision of its services.
If it is necessary for MATRIciel to disclose your personal data to third parties, the third party will be responsible for processing your personal data in accordance with the applicable legal provisions.
The foregoing notwithstanding, MATRIciel may however disclose your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) when MATRIciel is required to do so by law or in current or future legal proceedings and (ii) to protect and defend our rights;
- When you have expressly consented to this, if applicable.
MATRIciel has taken all possible technical and organizational measures to avoid a data breach.
8. What are my rights?
8.1. Guarantee of fair and lawful processing
Your personal data are always processed for the legitimate purposes explained in point 5. They are collected and processed in an adequate, relevant and non-excessive manner, and are not kept longer than necessary to achieve the intended purposes.
All technical and security measures have been taken to limit the risks of illegal or unauthorized access to or processing of your personal data as far as possible. In the event of an intrusion into its computer systems, MATRIciel will take all such measures as necessary immediately to keep the damage to a minimum.
8.2. Right of access
If you are able to prove your identity, you have the right to obtain information about the processing of your data. You are consequently entitled to know the purposes of the processing, the categories of data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the data are transmitted, the criteria used to determine the length of time the data are kept, and the rights you can exercise over your data.
8.3. Right to rectification
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data can be corrected by sending us a written request by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to: MATRIciel SA – Attention: C.Fabry – Place de l’Université 25 – 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve.
8.4. Right to erasure (or “right to be forgotten”)
You also have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data in the following cases:
- Your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected;
- You withdraw your consent to the processing and there is no legitimate grounds for the processing;
- You have validly exercised your right to object;
- Your data have been unlawfully processed;
- Your data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation.
MATRIciel shall decide on its own initiative whether the above criteria are met.
8.5. Right to restriction of processing
In certain cases, you have the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data, in particular in the event of a dispute as to the accuracy of the data, if your data have been processed unlawfully, if the data are necessary in legal proceedings or the time necessary for MATRIciel to verify that you can validly exercise your right to erasure.
8.6. Right to object
You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data. MATRIciel will stop the processing of your personal data, unless it can demonstrate that there are compelling legitimate reasons for the processing that override your right to object.
8.7. Right to withdraw your consent
You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the validity of the processing operations prior to withdrawal.
9. How can I exercise my rights?
To exercise your rights, you must send us a request by registered post to MATRIciel SA – Attention: C.Fabry – Place de l’Université 25 – 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply as soon as possible, and at the latest within one (1) month of receipt of such request.
10. Possibility to lodge a complaint
More information about your rights is posted on the website of the data protection authority (hereinafter the “DPA”): https://www.privacycommission.be/fr.
You may also file a complaint with the Commission for the Protection of Privacy, via this website, if you are not satisfied with the processing of your personal data by MATRIciel.